- Reactivity Explore Lab
- Explore Lab Write-up (p. 2 of the lab sheet, p. 7 of your notebook)
- Extra Credit available over break
- Placement #2 - due 1pm local time
- 3 Question blog 11/24 (p. 10 of your notebook)
If you missed today's lab, Because of Thanksgiving Day break, the ONLY option is the alternative assignment listed below.
The alternative assignment if you miss/missed the lab is to watch the videos listed below, write it up just like an Explore lab should be written up (p. 7 of your notebook), and like the Explore lab, this write up is due the first class after Thanksgiving break.
- YouTube video #1
- YouTube video #2
- You have the same guiding question here as the lab: Is reactivity a periodic property?
- You need to provide a Claim, Evidence (specific observations from the video, remembering that no one else is watching them but you), and reasoning.
- A periodic property has the same trend/pattern in different columns/families and in different rows.
- A quasi-periodic property has a pattern in a column, but its not necessarily the same pattern in another column/family; and there is no similar pattern in different rows.
- You then need to answer the following questions
- Would you expect copper to be more or less reactive than the elements you watched? Explain.
- Would you expect magnesium to be more or less reactive than the elements you watched? Explain.
- flipped note review
- functional vs structural
- synovial joint type
- stamps - preLabs, labs, case study, etc.
- Ch 5 Lab b, as needed
- Ch 5 Lab c
- 3 Question blog 11/17
- whatever needs finished
- have you...
- chosen a disease for your glog?
- started your research for your glog?
- started assembling your glog?
- started coloring all those colorplates?
- finished all the preLabs?
- finished the labs?
- finished the case study?
- taken all the notes thus far??